Welcome to the Website of the Greater London Region of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Region covers the Branches of CAMRA operating in the Greater London area. If you go to the Links page, you will find information on all the Branches and how to contact them. Most social events in London are run at the Branch level but a number spread across the whole region and these will be featured in our Regional Diary page.
All Branches run regular social events and many run beer festivals which will be listed in the London Beer Festivals calendar section . We will also provide detail of pub festivals who support CAMRA by advertising in London Drinker magazine.
The magazine is published by the London Branches six times a year and is distributed to a large number of pubs in the Region. Further detail can be found on the London Drinker Magazine page.
London has loads of goods pubs to sample real ale and cider in. For more information, go to the London Pubs page.
London was once known as the capital of the world for beer with the exporting of its famous brews all around the globe. Today, although there are fewer breweries, London has recently seen a growth in the number of its small brewers, which is being embraced wholeheartedly by Londoners. But of course, London's reputation for fine pubs has always been there with some of the best in the UK to be found here; many have been places where history has been made.
CAMRA’s London branches are coordinating a campaign to showcase what we have on offer. The objective is to raise the profile of British beer and pubs during the summer starting in July, featuring the Ealing Beer Festival and including the Great British Beer Festival in August at Olympia. Click London City of Beer for lots of pub events and brewery open days and evenings across the Capital to create one great month of celebration - so why not join in for the occasion of a lifetime.
CAMRA is part of the European Beer Consumers Union, which is a consortium of beer consumer organisations across Europe. If you do not live in the UK, then why not consider joining one of CAMRA's sister organisations? For more information see http://www.ebcu.org/
National CAMRA News
- CAMRA thanks MPs for another Budget Success
Representatives from across the beer and pub sector came together on Tuesday to celebrate Chancellor George Osborne cutting beer duty for a second year running and freezing cider duty at
- Scottish Parliamentary Reception a success
CAMRA’s annual Scottish Reception was a huge success as over 50 MSPs, CAMRA volunteers and industry representatives came together to celebrate and campaign for real ale in Scotland. The reception
- Time to raise a glass to the Chancellor as beer duty is cut for second year running
CAMRA is celebrating after Chancellor George Osborne today announced during the 2014 Budget that beer duty will be cut by 1p for a second year running. Thanks to the incredible
- CAMRA's annual Parliamentary Reception is a success
Created with flickr slideshow. CAMRA's annual 2014 parliamentary reception again proved a great success as over 100 MPs, Peers, and CAMRA volunteers came together to celebrate and campaign for
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 20:19 : Great British Beer Festival 2014 - tickets now on sale: gbbf.org.uk #camra_official #gbbf
- Wednesday, 14:08 : RT @TonyJerome: CAMRA is looking for a new Senior Marketing Manager - if you are interested then please visit bit.ly/1hJbVMA #camra_official
- Wednesday 9th April, 16:08 : RT @thomasbrake: Promoting a fairer deal for locals with Rodger, licensee and director of my constituency office's local, The Hope. http://pic.twitter.com/vGOfZNTTEF
- Wednesday 9th April, 14:20 : RT @carolinenokes: Supporting @FairDeal4Locals in Westminster today with Judith from The Crown in King's Somborne pic.twitter.com/eV8PNIwjK0
- Wednesday 9th April, 12:16 : New Job Opportunity: CAMRA Campaigns team is seeking a planning professional to join the fight to protect pubs - camra.org.uk/planningadvisor