Welcome to the Website of the Greater London Region of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Region covers the Branches of CAMRA operating in the Greater London area. If you go to the Links page, you will find information on all the Branches and how to contact them. Most social events in London are run at the Branch level but a number spread across the whole region and these will be featured in our Regional Diary page.
All Branches run regular social events and many run beer festivals which will be listed in the London Beer Festivals calendar section . We will also provide detail of pub festivals who support CAMRA by advertising in London Drinker magazine.
The magazine is published by the London Branches six times a year and is distributed to a large number of pubs in the Region. Further detail can be found on the London Drinker Magazine page.
London has loads of goods pubs to sample real ale and cider in. For more information, go to the London Pubs page.
London was once known as the capital of the world for beer with the exporting of its famous brews all around the globe. Today, although there are fewer breweries, London has recently seen a growth in the number of its small brewers, see London Breweries which is being embraced wholeheartedly by Londoners. But of course, London's reputation for fine pubs has always been there with some of the best in the UK to be found here; many have been places where history has been made.
CAMRA is part of the European Beer Consumers Union, which is a consortium of beer consumer organisations across Europe. If you do not live in the UK, then why not consider joining one of CAMRA's sister organisations? For more information see http://www.ebcu.org/
National CAMRA News
- Government Announces Pub Company Reform: CAMRA Celebrate Campaign Win!
Thousands of licensees will be protected from unfair business practices in the pub industry and our nation's pubs protected following today’s Government announcement which unveils plans for a Pubs Adjudicator
- Listen: York publican speaks out on pub company reform
In a podcast interview broadcast last week, York CAMRA member Nick Love speaks with licensee Paul Crossman to discuss the “desperate need” for pubco reform. You can listen to the
- 2014 European Election results a hit for beer drinkers
Last week the European Parliament Election results were announced, with 24 of the 73 newly elected MEPs pledging support for community pubs, real ale and consumer rights in Europe. Among
- Petition delivered to Government on pubco reform
Thanks to the overwhelming response from CAMRA members, activists and licensees, our petition calling on the Government to "End the Great British Pub Scandal" secured over 44,000 signatures before being
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 12:13 : #GBBF promotional posters are appearing in tube stations all over #London today. Get a pic next to one and send to email@example.com.
- Monday, 10:58 : RT @WHLlandeilo: Very happy and proud to have received this! @CAMRA_Official @PubsCymru @RealAleCymru ow.ly/i/6mOsL
- Saturday, 07:53 : Some good news for the beer and pub industry as sales increase at fastest rate in 21st Century bit.ly/1rGVPJg
- Thursday, 17:25 : RT @CAMRACaSC: Excellent news, with our help the Halfway House Childer Thornton has had their Asset of Community value application accepted@CAMRA_Official
- Saturday 19th July, 21:35 : RT @keogh_jp: Loving my new @CAMRA_Official Mobile Good Beer Guide App. Best £4.99 I spent in a long time.