Welcome to the Website of the Greater London Region of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Region covers the Branches of CAMRA operating in the Greater London area. If you go to the Links page, you will find information on all the Branches and how to contact them. Most social events in London are run at the Branch level and these will be featured in our Regional Diary page along with a number spread across the whole region.
All Branches run regular social events and many run beer festivals which will be listed in the London Beer Festivals calendar section. We will also provide detail of pub festivals who support CAMRA by advertising in London Drinker magazine.
The magazine is published by the London Branches six times a year and is distributed to a large number of pubs in the Region. Further detail can be found on the London Drinker Magazine page.
London has loads of goods pubs to sample real ale and cider in. For more information, go to the London Pubs page.
London was once known as the capital of the world for beer with the exporting of its famous brews all around the globe. Today, although there are fewer breweries, London has recently seen a growth in the number of its small brewers, see London Breweries which is being embraced wholeheartedly by Londoners. But of course, London's reputation for fine pubs has always been there with some of the best in the UK to be found here; many have been places where history has been made.
CAMRA is part of the European Beer Consumers Union, which is a consortium of beer consumer organisations across Europe. If you do not live in the UK, then why not consider joining one of CAMRA's sister organisations? For more information see http://www.ebcu.org/
Twitter / CAMRA_London
- Wednesday, 12:19 : RT @DeanSwiftSe1: The sun's out and the beer is flowing. The pub is the only place to be today! pic.twitter.com/HLvFPRsTTI
- Wednesday, 12:18 : RT @GoodYarn112: Take your pick of @TwickenhamAles @TRUMANSBEER @ValeBrewery @CAMRAWestLondon @WMDX_CAMRA pic.twitter.com/LojZzPVUwg
- Tuesday, 15:25 : RT @ealingbeerfest: Our logo for 2016 is unveiled. Dates 6 to 9th July in Walpole Park pic.twitter.com/ryzKrRdNri
- Monday, 18:11 : RT @RuislipBeerFest: Beer list for the festival being run by @ruisliprfc and @WMDX_CAMRA is now up at ruislipbeerfestival.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… pic.twitter.com/BORWiE7ORm
- Monday, 16:50 : RT @NLondonCAMRA: All welcome to our Branch social Tues 3rd May 8pm @Thewenlock_arms for Pub of the Year Runner-up presentation.
- Monday, 07:30 : RT @CAMRA_Official: This Wednesday we're back in London! Have you secured your place at the Revitalisation meeting revitalisation.camra.org.uk/get-involved/?…
- Saturday, 14:23 : RT @BunchGrapesCF37: Next weekend its London Beer Festival we'll be showcasing beers from @OneMileEnd @EastLondonBrew and @FivePointsBrew pic.twitter.com/ppeJKoVede
- Monday, 09:15 : RT @blackhorseKT2: Our doors have officially opened Kingston! Visit our website for our location, opening times and contact details: ow.ly/4ngMvx
- Sunday, 12:54 : RT @RedemptionBrew: What a fabulous turn out for @AntwerpArmsAsoc by our local community! Happy 1st birthday to our fabulous local pub👏🎉 pic.twitter.com/8pSFVBQuxh
- Friday 29th April, 08:06 : RT @HeritagePubs: April Bulletin:heritagepubs.org.uk/download/NI-Bu… fb.me/29tL6UCvP